So the day that we got the condo we knew then that the mantel had to be replaced. Now that snowboarding is over and we are on summer break we went at it. Usually demolition is the easy part; but my tools were at work so I went at it with a large screw driver. It still didn't take very long. After some designing and consulting between Rosie and I we went to work on it. It started way too early one Saturday morning around 4:30 because I couldn't sleep because I couldn't stop thinking about it. If didn't take that long to build about 5 hours. It was great to get it done. The paint prep and painting came along afterwards. It is now done and being greatly enjoyed. We are afraid that I may be related to my father in that I always need a project. The pictures are missing the original mantel which was a gross tile monstrosity. There will be projects in the near future. Rosie is the best for letting me do this kind of stuff.